A community health center was replacing its EMR system with athenaClinicals and needed to migrate most of the clinical data over to the new system. The timeline for accomplishing this was less than two months, and there were several issues – both known and unknown – to work through in a short amount of time. MediQuant was chosen as the conversion vendor to help the community health center accomplish this task.
With 23 providers using the source EMR system, it had accumulated more than one million clinical data records and 1.1 million scanned images and documents over the course of four years. To ensure a successful discrete data conversion of these clinical data records, MediQuant followed its RightPath process, which includes the following:
- Perform a discovery assessment to determine the compatibility of the data between the two systems, options for converting the data, and expected effort required to accomplish the conversion
- Work with the health center to define their requirements for each data module, helping them understand all of their options based on these requirements
- Facilitate the mapping process for free-text data and disparate coding system data
- Perform multiple rounds of iteration testing
- Format and transform all source system clinical data for conversion into athenaClinicals based on Athena import requirements
Within the required eight-week timeframe, MediQuant converted all of the information from the legacy EMR to athenaClinicals. The community health center’s providers were able to access the information they needed when they needed it, including allergies, medications, problems, immunizations, vitals, office notes and scanned images.