However, rapid growth, interoperability issues, archiving regulatory compliance, hacker attacks, and data silos continually challenge effective management of healthcare data. The best way to manage and leverage all of a health system’s enterprise data this is to develop a robust data management platform.
A Holistic Solution to Medical Data Management Challenges
To overcome data management challenges, providers must build a holistic management platform that covers the entire organization and performs the following functions:
- Seamless Data Input: The system must receive data from multiple data sources such as numerous EHRs, patient-generated data and billing claims.
- Data Standardization: A platform that can normalize data, so it is readily available for interoperability, research and analytics.
- Data Protection: All records must have adequate protection against unauthorized access for regulatory compliance and the prevention of data breaches.
- Flexibility and Scalability: The management platform must adapt to technology changes. Furthermore, an efficient and effective medical record management platform will be able to scale its storage and processing resources as the organization grows.
- Make Data Accessible: Today, healthcare providers need more than generic, spreadsheet-style reports from EHR databases to improve clinician productivity and patient care. A smart data management system will enable providers to transition from managing health with population figures to precision medicine. Using a more modern approach that incorporates machine learning and artificial intelligence, data can be captured and used to precisely diagnose, treat and follow up with individual patients. The insight obtained from analyzing, sharing and using healthcare data in personalized care delivery and other hospital management aspects make the system a worthy investment.
- Provide Effective Security for Data in Storage or Transit: Healthcare data is a prime target for cybercriminals. To keep data secure, providers must develop detailed security policies and improve the data security architecture for their entire enterprise. A centrally-controlled platform will streamline data protection to cover all data within the enterprise. A robust data security architecture must also have regular non-disruptive backup processes to ensure that recent data is available if a hardware fault or data breach occurs.
- Fully Integrate All Enterprise Data: Data silos have existed within organizations in the healthcare industry for a long time. But they lead to high maintenance and access costs. They also prevent data from being accessible for detailed analysis. To integrate these silos, some healthcare organizations pay more money to build integration engines. However, more value will be added to the organization if a comprehensive audit is carried out to know what data should be incorporated into the enterprise data management system. Breaking the data silos in favor of a centralized data repository will also enhance data exchange, analytics, and security.
Work With Us to Build an Efficient Medical Data Management System
You don’t have to go on the journey to build a successful data management system alone. MediQuant is here to assist you till you arrive at your desired destination. Call us now at 844-286-8683 to schedule a free consultation.