DIY your legacy system retirement with qualified support.
You have dozens, maybe hundreds, of legacy system retirements on the horizon. You value the results of active archiving. You already employ technical staff with in-depth legacy data knowledge, skills in SQL, and experience extracting data. But there’s a gap… a gap between a properly functioning active archive and the utilization of your capable team to get there. Achieve the best value across all your investments by bridging that gap with training, support, and the ArkLoad data migration tool.
The volume of legacy data migration demand also makes for more variability to manage in your migrations. That means your team must be educated and trained to be properly qualified in executing active archive migration projects. Getting them qualified requires experienced guidance and best practice methodology from MediQuant SMEs in prioritization of retirement projects, data extraction, validation, categorization (OpenArk or DataArk), data standardization, and go-live.
Your CDM (Client Directed Migration) project includes:
An overview of what to expect in your CDM project:
- Preparation: Project Management blueprint of project objectives, KPIs, milestones, stakeholders, and communication cadence for the project(s) ahead.
- Training: Pre-learn the principles of Data Stewardship and the CDM methodology from experienced MediQuant SMEs and relevant case studies. Learn how to prepare your organization for go-live including user training.
- Extraction: Legacy data is extracted in its original form with an emphasis on retention of the original legacy data construct, at the point of extraction, to ensure a source of truth.
- Standardization: Ensure the highest level of integrity in your migrated legacy data with the intelligence of the most developed rules set available today in ArkLoad. ArkLoad is a critical migration prep toolkit designed to standardize your legacy data with a viewer, mapper, loader, validator, and visualizer. Here’s a sneak peek inside the best practice methodology used in standardization:
- View: Determine relational crosswalks between the archive and the legacy system.
- Map and Load: Interactively map data from your legacy system into your new archive format, thereby automating the script creation for loading your data. Load the script to generate content in a DataArk-friendly format.
- Validate: Test your loaded content for formatting accuracy (e.g., number fields contain numbers), test the population of defined mandatory fields, quickly determine failures and receive direction for correcting them, and generate sample accounts.
- Visualize: Ensure your data samples meet expectations by choosing to visualize sample content, or all content, in a DataArk viewer.
- Repeat Repeat the Validation and Visualization steps until you’re satisfied that the content is a true representation of your data.
- Handoff: Upon completion of testing, MediQuant will receive the data and perform a series of statistical and referential validation checks, a critical part of the DataArk database validation.